Riki's Little Spot on the Web


My Pets

Screech
August 26, 2003-

Red
?-April 1, 2005

Reese
?-

**My Trivia Page**


Friday, September 17, 2004

Kids toys and nostalgia

You know that feeling you get when you're looking for something, then you find something else that you haven't seen in a long time and kinda forgot about?? I had that feeling tonight.. My bro's exgirlfriend came here afterschool today.. she's going back to highschool after quitting for 2 years.. I'm really proud of her.. but, back to my story..... she has a project for her English class, I think.. she has to write a fake journal, telling about a fake tour vacation across the country she's taking, talking about what she did at all the places she didn't go.. I know, kinda weird, but I've done that one myself before... when she explained it to me, I thought that maybe one of my books from my Tourism and Travel course that I took in college would help her, seeing that the first chapter in the book deals with Canada, province by province, and outlines a lot of different attractions in each... the thing is, it's been four years since I was in college, and I don't know where the book is... I thought it might be in my bedroom closet, so mom started going through it, to see if she could find the book... what I forgot, was that a lot of my old toys were in that closet... now, to make the story more complete, I'm gonna break off here, and start another.. *L*The other night, my mom, my dad, and me were talking about some of my old toys, in particular, a bluish purple cat that I used to have that I think I stole from my aunt when she lived with us when I was like, 3 years old... it was called BooBoo Kitty.. we were wondering where it would be.. we knew that some of my old toys (and probably some of my mom's too) are in the attic at my grandparent's house, and since they are moving out of their house into senior apartments next month, we may just find them.. I know that a 3 foot tall Papa Smurf is in that attic somewhere... Now, back to my first story...While mom was pulling boxes out of the closet, I was looking at some of the stuff that was in them.. we found some old books, a stethoscope that doesn't work anymore, my barbies, and a dolphin named flipper that my brother made in Home Ec in juniour high(that's sitting on my bed as we speak).. Mom pulled a New Kids on the Block duffle bag out of the closet(yeah, I know), opened it up, and pulled out BooBoo Kitty!! I was ecstatic.. it's one of very few toys that I had as a kid that I remember, and that still lives... I remember a pianosaurus that got to know the stairs really well in the apartment we lived in when I was small.. unfortunately, the pianosaurus died a painful death from a fall... actually, from many falls... well, they weren't falls.. the pianosaurus was pushed.. well, thrown.. by me... *L* I'm sure that the people in the apartment below us wondered what the heck the clang clang clang noises coming down the stairs was... *L*

1 Comments:

  • At 3:31 AM, Blogger Riki said…

    A pianosaurus is a kids piano, shaped like a dinosaur... mine was green, and all it's keys were broken.. *L* I seen one in a sears catelog a few years ago, so they're still around.... I'd like to get one for my nephew....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home