Riki's Little Spot on the Web


My Pets

Screech
August 26, 2003-

Red
?-April 1, 2005

Reese
?-

**My Trivia Page**


Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Cable modems and plugs for Island enterprises..

I just noticed something before coming in here.. but at the top of every blog page there's a link back to blogspot.com that says 'get your own blog'... and the first thing I thought of was those old Ruffles commercials... better get your own bag... *L* weird, but then.. it's still kinda early in the am... before 11, if you believe that(and those who know me, know that I don't get up usually before 12.. *L*)
And now, back to your regularly scheduled rant and/or the uninteresting things going on in my life.. *L*
I had a problem with my internet this morning.. it keeps crapping out.. it does this at least once a day, and since I pay a quarter of my monthly income for my internet connection, I called ISN and I told them that it does this every day... well, they just called me back, and they told me that they're giving me a new modem... Thank God!! Praise Allah!! Or whatever the heck you worship.. *L* woohoo!! I'm getting a new modem!! I've been having a problem with this modem almost as long as I've had it, which is kinda sad, because I've only had it a couple of months... and it was pissing me off that I'd just be getting into something good... like one of the posts on PEIinfo.com (plug for John..hehehe)... and have my net crap out on me... and I'm a bit technically inclined, so I'd do all the normal things you'd do when this happens, release and renew the IP... power cycle the modem... and it would still take a half hour for all the lights to come back on on the modem... I guessed that the modem was the problem.. but I wasn't getting any help from the techsupport people from ISN (yes, I know that they're Advantage)... they'd just tell me that they don't support high speed... when I was having a problem with my email yesterday, I hesitated to call them, and just decided to wait it out.... but, they've come through... and it's a good thing, because I was just about to tell them to take their internet and shove it where the sun don't shine.. and give me back my 50 bucks.... I'll let you know if the modem is a good one...

1 Comments:

  • At 3:57 AM, Blogger Riki said…

    Just for you interested parties.. and I doubt that there are many coming to view my blog, but hey, you never know.... *G*
    I got the modem Wednesday at around 3pm.. I was out from then till about midnight, but the modem made it home around 4pm.. *L* with a bit of instruction from me(over the phone), my mom plugged it in and we've been using it ever since... no more crapouts... I'm happy.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home