Riki's Little Spot on the Web


My Pets

Screech
August 26, 2003-

Red
?-April 1, 2005

Reese
?-

**My Trivia Page**


Friday, October 08, 2004

My trip to Summerside

Well, I went to Summerside today for Dialysis Clinic.. not a big deal, really... although, we couldn't find the place... circled the city for about a half hour.. we ended up going to the medical centre in the County Fair Mall... they told us where we had to go... So I went in, talked to the nurse, who remembered me from when I went to junior high.. I kinda felt sorry for her because I didn't remember her... Then I spoke to the doctor... a new guy.. never met him before... nice guy too... he went over all the normal things.... checking lungs and heart... looking for excess fluid... didn't find any.. hehe... he reduced one of my drugs, and recommended that I have my parathyroid removed..... now, I don't really know what the parathyroid is, except that it's a gland in the neck, and it's excreating something into the blood that plays with the level of calcium and phosphorus in the blood... and that can wreak havoc on the bones... I haven't decided if the removal of the parathyroid is a good thing or a bad thing, but I'll probably have it done anyway..... Another thing that he told me was that he thinks that it's time to start the process to be put on the transplant list... Finally... that's what I've been waiting for.... dialysis is a pain in the ass, but it's something that has to be done... and I do it every day... But, if I could get another kidney.... I'd be so happy.... no more tubes, no more shots... probably more pills, though.. but I can live with that... so, that's my latest news.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home