Riki's Little Spot on the Web


My Pets

Screech
August 26, 2003-

Red
?-April 1, 2005

Reese
?-

**My Trivia Page**


Thursday, October 07, 2004

Damn Govt Keeping me down...

I'm really starting to get a little ticked.. I sit at home all day long.. lately it's also been by myself because my bro is studying to take his GED.. I've been trying to find a job for over a year, but my illness makes it a little harder to do.. in order for me to pay my bills, I get a monthly pittance from Income Support... When my bro went in to register for the GED, I went with him, and registered for some upgrading classes.. Now, from what I understand, the Adult Education GED and upgrading classes are free, at least that's what Holland College's web site says.. However, I got a call today from my worker, wanting more information on the course I wanted to take, saying that if I take it, I may lose my pittance.. I don't think that's fair... I'm doing everything they tell me to do, including look for work.. I want to take these classes to bring my grades up so that I might be able to get into university, to get a good job, and then Income Support would never have to hear from me again... it's like they don't want me to better myself.... what's the friggin deal anyway?? I certainly don't want to be doing this the rest of my life..... another swift kick to the gonads, if I had any...... oh well.. that's the end of my rant... thanks for listening...

1 Comments:

  • At 2:50 AM, Blogger Riki said…

    As a follow up, along with the message from my worker, there was also a message from On-Line Support... I have an interview with them on Tuesday... if I get that job, Income Support can take a long suck on my... well.. you know.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home