Riki's Little Spot on the Web


My Pets

Screech
August 26, 2003-

Red
?-April 1, 2005

Reese
?-

**My Trivia Page**


Friday, April 15, 2005

my first (and probably last) American Idol critique

Well, it's been a while since I posted, so I figured I'd better soon.. Nick will get ticked with me if I don't keep things up to date... *L*
Let me see, now.. what's been going on? Not too much, actually... I'm working a lot, trying to get part time for the summer at least.. not sure if I'm going to get it or not... trying my best to keep up to date with The Amazing Race.... I missed it last week.. was talking on the phone with somebody quite special... *G* so I didn't mind missing it too much... more on him in another post... someday... maybe... maybe I want to keep him under wraps... *G*
Canadian Idol was in town recently... I've been told that I know a few people who got their golden tickets to go on to Moncton.. which is cool.... hope they can also go further, and actually compete in the finals.. I guess I have to pay more attention to it this year.. get my mom to tape it for me like she does The Amazing Race..
I watched American Idol for the first time this contest, and I was wowed by a couple of the contestants.. Constantine, who is very cute, was AWESOME singing Bohemian Rhapsody... I mean, it's not the easiest song to do.. Vonzell did an awesome job as well.. if she made a mistake, I didn't hear it... Carrie did a Pat Benotar song.. and sounded just like her.. very good.. and Anwar reminds me of Stevie Wonder.. I don't know why, he just does... Scott did ok with his Hall and Oates song, but he needs to show more enthusiasm with the lower parts of the song... everybody else was rather forgettable.. although, I was laughing through Anthony's performance, because whenever I hear that song, all I hear is.. every time you go away, you take a piece if meat with you... I know that's not what he's saying, but that's what I hear.. *L*
Of course, Nadia was voted off... although she is a good singer, the song she chose was one I've never heard before.. and I couldn't get into it.. oh well... not like I was even eligible to vote... that comes when Canadian Idol starts...
Anyway.. enough rambling from me.... till next time........

2 Comments:

  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger CaliGirl said…

    welcome back to your blog. i was starting to wonder about you myself....but i know you are still around cuz of recent posts on pei board...lol

    me and hubby went down to idol tryouts to see what was going on. and what we found out was that they are taking 10 pei folk to moncton. they get to go straight to round 3 (infront of the celeb judges) and see how they do.

    as far as constanSUCK...i have had a hate on for him since the beginning. BUT...he did do very well this last week. funny how one person finds someone cute and to someone else he is barf...lol

    hope you get some part time work for the summer. always good having money coming in no matter how much.

    hugs

     
  • At 7:13 PM, Blogger Riki said…

    Yeah... it looks like I might be getting my part time.... so I'll have more time to... well.. come on here.. *L* I also wanted some time to see my sweetie.. play with my nephew.. be around for the birth of his new brother or sister... actually see the sun for a change.. *LOL* All I've been doing for the last month is working and sleeping...
    I only saw the one AI... since I'm usually working when it's on... I just happened to be home that night.. and was working the next night, so didn't see the results... I think they should change their format to the same as Nashville Star... they only do the one show.. and they don't know who's gone until the end... the one that got voted off from one show, just doesn't get called to perform for the next... It's much more exciting...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home