Riki's Little Spot on the Web


My Pets

Screech
August 26, 2003-

Red
?-April 1, 2005

Reese
?-

**My Trivia Page**


Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

Well, I'm home... much quicker than I thought I'd be... I expected to still be in the hospital, sleeping of the anesthsia... but nope.... I guess shit happens sometimes... this is what happened....
Monday, I went to Halifax... at 12:30pm, I arrived at the Infirmary to begin with the pre-admission testing... this entails bloodwork, an ecg, and a nice sitdown chat with a nurse and an anesthetist.... it altogether took about 3 hours.... no big deal... when we were finished, we went over and checked into Point Pleasant Lodge... that evening, bro and I went out visiting, which was part of our plan... Tuesday morning, I went back to the Infirmary at my appointment time, which was 7:45am, the surgery to take place at 9:15am... about 8:am, a nurse comes over to where me and mom are sitting and told us that there were a few snags in the schedule... 1, the doctor who was to do my surgery was called out to an emergency.. which is no big deal, I don't mind waiting when it comes to something like that... 2, they didn't have any beds availible.. and because of this, the surgery couldn't be done, because I had to be admitted... so we waiting to see if a bed would come availible... at about 11:30am, 2 hours after my surgery was to begin (and probably about 15 minutes after it would have been finished as well), we were told that the likelyhood of a bed coming availible was pretty slim, and we had 2 options... go back to the Lodge, and try the whole deal over again the next morning, or just go home.... we decided to go home... I wasn't going to go in, and get myself all ready for surgery again and have it be cancelled again...
So, we went back to the Lodge, and we couldn't get the door open to our room.. mom thought that there might be something wrong with the keycard, so she went down to the front desk to see if she could get another one... they told her that they had locked the door because the parking fee for the day hadn't been paid... a miniscule amount of $8.05.... and we hadn't even checked out yet.... Well... mom got mad.. not a pretty picture... she told them that we were leaving anyway, and to open the damn door.. we had 10 minutes to get our stuff out and be gone.... good thing that when we go to Halifax, we travel light... so we left.. picked up bro at my friend's place, where he stayed the night.... and we were on our way out of the city... Mom actually let bro drive all the way to and all the way home from Halifax... which is a first... On the way home, we near got smucked up by a tractor trailer who decided he was going to pull out and pass another tractor trailer who obviously didn't look in his mirror to see if there was enough room for him to pull into the passing lane (there wasn't, or else bro wouldn't have had to slam on the brakes) or think it was neccessary to turn on his signal light to let us know he was going to pull out... with my dad being a truck driver as well, an argument ensued when we got home about who was at fault... being asleep at the time, I don't know the whole scene, but I believe the guy driving the truck is one of the idiots that give truckers a bad name.....

1 Comments:

  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger CaliGirl said…

    glad to see you made it back home ok. what an ordeal.

    so now how long do you have to wait for another surgery date? is this something that is mandatory and needs to be done somewhat soon?

    good luck...and welcome home.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home