Riki's Little Spot on the Web


My Pets

Screech
August 26, 2003-

Red
?-April 1, 2005

Reese
?-

**My Trivia Page**


Sunday, March 20, 2005

The 'No MSN At Work' Rant

You know what?? I think everybody should be allowed to use msn at work, if you work on a computer or the internet.... this being able to run around the internet, but not see who is online is dumb.... maybe I use it too much, kinda like a person who must know what time it is all the time... wait a minute.. I'm a person who needs to know what time it is all the time.. *L* damn... Having to know who is online all the time is definately a compulsive thing.. I mean.. needing to know if this person is online, or if that person is online... if they're close by, why not just pick up a phone and call?? Because that's too friggin simple, that's why!! It's much more fun to type to them... you almost have a little more confidance talking to people that way... or at least, I do.. *L* I'm a little less shy when I type then when I speak.. haven't figured that one out yet.. maybe someday... maybe someday I'll also be able to afford a shrink to figure all this crap out too... you never know...
Of course, I do know the reasoning behind not being able to use msn at work... people would probably be chatting more than working.. which is probably no surprise... I know I wouldn't... but that's because I've worked in two different places that did allow msn to be used... and when things were busy, I'd ignore msn messages that weren't from coworkers... but I'm probably one of few...
You say, "but Riki, you can get a web based version of msn messenger, so you don't have to download it onto your computer at work." Yes, I know this... but the network admin here knows where they are on the internet.. well, the most popular ones anyway.. and has blocked them... so I can't use them either...
Oh well... so no msn.. I guess I'll just have to keep popping into hotmail every few minutes to check for new mail...

2 Comments:

  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger CaliGirl said…

    i know this is going to sound stupid but....i think you are pretty lucky to be able to have any form of internet access at work even if you cant utilize msn chat. back at my old job you couldnt have ANY internet access. if you did...you got busted. they monitored all emails so chatting to your friends via that way was out also.

    it wasnt that bad at first....we had all that. but you know in a very large company when people abuse the system...they take it away and turn into the work police.

    that happened the last 2 years i worked there (i was there for 13 years)...been away now for 3...and my friend tells me its even worse now. im glad i left when i did.

     
  • At 10:50 PM, Blogger Riki said…

    Oh, I know.... the only reason we have internet access is because we need it to do our jobs.. I was kinda frstrated at the time... because I was trying to get a hold of a male friend of mine.. ;) and I couldn't find him.... and the last time I saw him was on msn... he's emailed me since, so I'm not as freaked out.. *L*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home