Riki's Little Spot on the Web


My Pets

Screech
August 26, 2003-

Red
?-April 1, 2005

Reese
?-

**My Trivia Page**


Saturday, February 26, 2005

My Love of PEI

I left a message on Nick's blog, after geezer squeezer joked about the Island being crap.. well... I can't call myself an Islander if I don't respond, right?? *LOL*
Anyway, what I love the most about PEI is, well, I know it's strange, but it's Charlottetown.. It's a city, but it's a small city... and it's not often that you walk down the street on a nice day and don't see someone you know... most things are in walking distance of everywhere.. and it takes me about an hour and a half to walk from one end of the city to the other.. it's great...
My brother has taken some neat photos of different places in Charlottetown... he likes going through back alleyways in the older parts of the city and seeing some of the stuff that was put in to aid people years ago... like the pulleys on the sides of buildings... some buildings still have these... they were used to get heavier objects to the second and third stories of these buildings... he also took some pictures of the Basillica before they scraped all the black crap off of it.. little pieces of history being washed away... there's a lot of history in our downtown.. and it's neat seeing how the old blends with the new...
I've said it before, but although I may not have been born here, but I plan on living out the rest of my days here.. and although I've only been here about 15 years, I find that this Island feels much more like home than where I live before ever did...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home