Riki's Little Spot on the Web


My Pets

Screech
August 26, 2003-

Red
?-April 1, 2005

Reese
?-

**My Trivia Page**


Saturday, February 19, 2005

The New Computer Saga Continued

So... last night after I wrote my last entry, and went home from work... hehe.. I started up my new computer and played around with a few things... I found some old pictures, and some old music that I'd been waiting to get back... which was cool... then I decided I'd try to install my new sims game... it didn't play very well on the old computer... I figured that the new, faster processor would make it work better.. I put the cd in the drive, and nothing happened.. I didn't think much of this... I figured that the autorun wasn't working.. so I tried to open the cd manually... and I got a message telling me to put the cd in the drive.. there's only one cd drive.. as opposed to my old computer, which has two... so the problem wasn't that I was using the wrong drive... so I thought that maybe there was something wrong with the drive.. I tried another cd.. and it worked... then I remember that the sims game I had was a special dvd edition... I was pretty sure that the drive was a dvd-rom as well.. so I tried a dvd.. it wouldn't read that either.. so now I definately know that I did not get what I paid for.. and this fellow will be getting a call from me on Monday morning when he opens... and he's either fixing it or giving me my money back...

2 Comments:

  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger CaliGirl said…

    where did you go? want to make sure i stay way away from that place. again...i would have waited a couple days to get what i paid for. i think he is screwing you. IMO. good luck riki :)

     
  • At 3:37 AM, Blogger Riki said…

    I don't really want to say just yet... I'll wait until after I see what he does for me.... then I'll let you know whether I like them or not... I only went there because I took my old computer to them to try and get it fixed.. and the fella that was there worked on it all day trying to get it to work.. but he couldn't.. but since he worked so hard for me that day, I thought I'd take my business back to him... but it's a different guy running it now... All I"ll say now, is that if he can't fix things for me tomorrow, I'll make sure you all know who he is... will be in a brand new post.. probably tomorrow night sometime... between 4:30 and 2:30... when I work.. *L*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home