Riki's Little Spot on the Web


My Pets

Screech
August 26, 2003-

Red
?-April 1, 2005

Reese
?-

**My Trivia Page**


Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Happy New Year, or is it??

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! I hope I wasn't missed too much.. I've been a little busy with the holidays, and I kinda left this site behind.... but I'm back now.. *G* I was to two Christmas parties, and I had a non-existant New Year's party here... nobody showed... some party, huh?? trust me.. my friends are going to get a swift kick in the butt from me on that one.. oh well.. life goes on... hey.. it's 2005... We made it through another year, guys!! That's something to be thankful for, especially since so many didn't make it to the new year in Asia and Africa... My heart goes out to anyone who was affected by the earthquake and subsequent tsunamis that occured on Boxing Day..
Well, it's official.. my local watering hole was closed on December 19, due to the new legislation that came out that week against the bootleggers.. I've read lately that there is a lawyer in Charlottetown that believes that the new law probably wouldn't stand up in court.. I wondered about that... I mean.. should the legislaters be able to say that the police can enter any home without warrant because the occupants are suspected of bootlegging?? Does that mean, that if I happen to be having a party, with a lot of liquor being consumed, and the police believe that I am illegally selling that liquor, whether I am or not, they can enter my home, arrest me, and seize everything I own, including my home?? Doesn't that go against the Canadian constitution?? Even if it isn't, I know I would definately feel violated, and an apology from the police would not suffice... there would be lawsuits involved for sure... Am I wrong in feeling this way??
Now, I know I'm probably in the wrong for supporting the illegal bootleggers and frequenting their establishments.. but I can't help but wonder if this new legislation isn't going to hurt some innocent people who might be accused of the crime, even if they are not guilty of it...

3 Comments:

  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger CaliGirl said…

    HAPPY NEW YEAR! and welcome back to your blog. :)

     
  • At 3:15 AM, Blogger Riki said…

    Actually, Frankie, they don't need a warrant.. that's what this new legislation is all about... and the bootleggers run their businesses in their homes... so, the police no longer need a warrant to enter these homes.. it doesn't matter anyway because none of them are open.. at least not in town.. I think the country ones are still open...

     
  • At 2:07 AM, Blogger Riki said…

    Thanks, Lanc... *G* it's good to have some fans.... *L*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home