Riki's Little Spot on the Web


My Pets

Screech
August 26, 2003-

Red
?-April 1, 2005

Reese
?-

**My Trivia Page**


Thursday, December 09, 2004

My Christmas Sadness

The Christmas season appears to be upon us again... too soon if you ask me... it doesn't seem that long ago that the snow was melting and the weather was warming up.. now it's getting cold again... I've been to one Christmas party so far... I have another next week... my parents have three to go to... I don't know if I'll go to any others... my Christmas shopping is almost done as well.. I only have one gift left to get.. and that one is for my mother... I don't know what to get for her.. I'm sure I'll think of something before the 24th.... this is one of the three. times of the year that I feel sad.. the other two are around the first of October, and the other is around Victoria day... why do I feel sad these times of the year you ask?? Well, I'll tell you... I had my first kidney transplant on the first of October, and my second on the 22nd of May... on these two days, one in 1992, the other in 2001, a family lost someone they loved.. I imagine that these families miss the ones they lost at Christmastime too... I sometimes wish that I knew who they were, but I'll never know... I'm not supposed to know... it's a shame that some have to die for others to live.. I wonder if they can see how their death is bringing new life to others... more than one person.... it's one of the many things that I ponder...

3 Comments:

  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said…

    *HUGS*

     
  • At 8:16 AM, Blogger CaliGirl said…

    Hang in there. I get really bad depression this time of your for a few reasons too. it sucks...hang in there...you really arent alone. :) *hugs*

     
  • At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is something I've never really thought about; what the recipient feels and goes through. How selfless you are too think of the other families Riki. I'm sure they feel a lot better knowing that a life was saved as opposed to just losing someone they love, it must bring some comfort to their lives. Christmas is tough on many of us, hang in there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home