Riki's Little Spot on the Web


My Pets

Screech
August 26, 2003-

Red
?-April 1, 2005

Reese
?-

**My Trivia Page**


Saturday, November 13, 2004

Farewell Martha S. We Love You

I've just learned that a friend from one of my message boards has lost her battle with renal disease.. Martha S. is the name that I knew her by... she has been sick for a while, having problems tolerating peritoneal dialysis... she saw her doctor, who told her that she had to stop the peritoneal dialysis that she was doing, and because of a low and unstable blood pressure, she is not able to start hemodialysis.. and since those are the only dialysis options availible, she has only one option left, death..
I always hate hearing about things like this, but sometimes with illness, there does come a time when there is nothing more that medicine can do, and you must face your own mortality... and this is what Martha is doing..
I've never met her face to face, to be honest, I don't even know where she lives.. but she's been a great help to many people, answering questions and giving support to those who've needed it, myself included...
The internet is a strange being.. bringing people together who would never know each other otherwise.. people who rally around each other, and lend support when it's needed... people who lend an ear when you need someone to talk to.. and people who grieve when a friend is lost...
Click below for Martha's farewell post on the Dialysis Online Peritoneal Dialysis Forum
Click Here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home