Riki's Little Spot on the Web


My Pets

Screech
August 26, 2003-

Red
?-April 1, 2005

Reese
?-

**My Trivia Page**


Saturday, December 04, 2004

McCain's Poutine -- Review

I saw a bit on the news the other night about this new product from McCain's... It was a ready made frozen poutine... Now, I've never been to Quebec to have real poutine, but I like the stuff that you can get around here... What I saw on tv was Quebecers who didn't like this new frozen poutine... I thought, hey.. I like poutine.. I'll try it..... Now I know why Costa Konstantinou of Warwick, Quebec spit it out... the stuff is nasty..... The gravy, I'm not sure what it's made of... I think it's just a bunch of spices thrown together into some kind of sauce.. but it had a very prominant onion taste to it... the cheese had no taste to it, and it hardened into the form of the dish that it came in after it cooled a bit... the fries crumbled, as most do after they've been microwaved... frozen french fries just are not made for the microwave.... I had to put it back in the microwave twice because it got cold very quickly... It wasn't put together very well... the gravy was on one side, the cheese on the other, and the fries in the middle... and since the cheese hardened, there was no mixing it together... I don't think I'll be purchasing this product again... and if I want poutine, I'll just go get one from Harvey's...

3 Comments:

  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger Riki said…

    I love it too, Nick... but this stuff is crap.... go to a restaurant and buy one.. or better yet.. make your own....

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger CaliGirl said…

    believe it or not my favorite poutine is from KFC. i guess its all in the flavor of the gravy....and i loooooooove KFC gravy!

     
  • At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fakallyall and the horses you rode in on. I just ate this poutine, and while its definitely no St. Laurent Quebec Poutine (Or Bubba's in Kingston), this stuff was pretty bom. given the amount of effort (unwrap, ding, eat.) this was great, especially after a large doob.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home