Riki's Little Spot on the Web


My Pets

Screech
August 26, 2003-

Red
?-April 1, 2005

Reese
?-

**My Trivia Page**


Friday, December 17, 2004

First bootlegger rant, and probably not the last..

I'm so sick of hearing all the crap about the bootleggers in Charlottetown... mind you, I don't have a problem with them myself.. I do frequent one of them on a regular basis... I'm just tired of all the bellyaching... it seems that the only reason that people are against them is because they are illegal... there are lots of things that people do in this province that are illegal.. I mean.. how many people are driving around PEI right now without a driver's licence? without registration? and especially without insurance?? This is all illegal, but people do it... the same with jaywalking.. it's done all over Charlottetown.. but I don't know anybody who was charged with it... If the only problem that people have with the bootleggers is that they are illegal, then why not legalize them?? It makes perfect sense... everybody would be happy... and if they left business hours the same as they are now, the people who live around them wouldn't even really have to worry about noise, because most of them are cleared out by 11pm... the thing is, they wouldn't be able to leave their bars where they are at this exact moment.. because they are in residential areas... so the owners of these bars would have to find another building to put their establishments... probably no where near the area they are in now... I believe one owner is actually doing this.. he has another building that's not in a residential area.... can someone tell me the reason why someone can open up a corner store in their home in a residential area, but not a bar??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home