Riki's Little Spot on the Web


My Pets

Screech
August 26, 2003-

Red
?-April 1, 2005

Reese
?-

**My Trivia Page**


Monday, May 22, 2006

Friday in Halifax

Well, on Friday, I had to go to Halifax for a checkup.. not usually a big deal.. however, we were supposed to be there the week before, but we were never told this.. and with all the trouble we've gone through, I didn't want us to be considered non-compliant because we didn't show.. it has happened before, so I had reason to worry...
No one said a word about it to us, though.. but it wasn't an uneventful visit... while looking through charts, Mom noticed the words "on hold" with the date of May 12... at that point, she was on a rampage.. because there was no reason for me to be on hold on the transplant list.. the nurse who was with us told me that it was probably a clerical or communications error.. but that didn't satisfy my mom.. she went and found the Transpant coordinator, who happened to have my file opened, because she was entering some new contact phone numbers that Mom had emailed her the night before.. she verified that I was not on hold on the list.. which was a bit of a relief.. 2 years on dialysis, and only being on the list for half that time, you don't want to screw anything up...
So, with that cleared up, we went to lunch.. I sat in the car while Mom went into the Bargain shop to buy a new shirt.. she has spilled coffee on the one she was wearing... and when she came back, we went into Steak and Stein, my favorite restaurant... then, we had to go back to the hospital... I'm not sure where we went,, but there was a lot of can't get there from here.. it was kinda fun, going around in circles.. at least we were able to laugh at it... it was a good day..

1 Comments:

  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger Tracy said…

    Glad to hear you weren't on hold, Riki. I hope you get the call really soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home