Riki's Little Spot on the Web


My Pets

Screech
August 26, 2003-

Red
?-April 1, 2005

Reese
?-

**My Trivia Page**


Saturday, December 31, 2005

An Oldie from the Archives

With Christmas over, and the New Year about to begin, I got to thinking about how things have gone in the last few weeks.... as some of you know, I have been fairly ill recently, and what I was hoping to be a really cool Christmas became very sparse when it came to money and food... well, the worst is over now, and things are starting to get back to normal, but I wonder where me and bro would be if it weren't for my Mom... she and Dad made sure that we didn't go without over Christmas... and it got me thinking about an article that I posted here back in 2004, and I thought I'd repost it, as a tribute to my Mom, and all mothers....

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Make it Mother's Day every day...

Oh man... another sleepless night... I seem to have a lot of those lately... dialysis keeps me awake at night... pain in the butt, I'm telling you.... after 15 years of kidney problems, I've never had such problems with dialysis before... oh well.. I see the nephrologist soon... maybe the transplant team will finally decide to put me on the transplant list.. then I won't have to worry about this crap anymore... All I've got to say is thank God for my mom... she does half the stuff that I should be doing... she tears down the machine, because I don't like to do it... most of the time she sets the machine up for me too, even though that's supposed to be my job... she does my dressing for me.. which is something I couldn't do if I wanted to... Yep... I'd be totally lost without my mom, I'm sure of it.... I tell her this all the time too.. but she don't think she's doing anything special..... I'm telling ya... Thank God for Mom's....
------------------------------------------------------------------
Have a Safe and Happy New Year.. if you're drinking tonight, cab it home, or get yourself a DD... make sure your friends and family have a Happy New Year too... because you're still here.....

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home