Riki's Little Spot on the Web


My Pets

Screech
August 26, 2003-

Red
?-April 1, 2005

Reese
?-

**My Trivia Page**


Tuesday, May 22, 2007

This week in Riki history

I was thinking about the date today.. it was six years ago today that I got my last kidney... I got the call on Victoria day.. just as I was getting ready to go to work.. and it took me three hours to find Mom and Dad, who had gone to the races that day.. that's a story in itself.. I may tell it sometime... anyway, I found them.. and Mom drove me to Halifax... three hours exactly.. for a four hour drive... no pee stops... we were truckin'... anyway, I didn't get the kidney till 5pm the next day... it was a Tuesday.. like today.. wonder if that means anything... I was in a good place then.. I miss being in that good place...

The next day in the week.. Friday.. Friday is the third anniversary of me losing that kidney that I got six years ago today.. I started dialysis that day.. and have done every day since.. that machine has been my bed buddy ever since.. I even took it to New York with me last month.. can't wait to be rid of it..

Then, the last day.. which really isn't this week, it's next.. but it's in the same six days... and, with all the other stuff going on, I think it's a real kick in the teeth... my birthday.. it's Monday...

so.. all this crappy stuff and my birthday.. all in the same damn six days... lucky me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home